About the JSV Family Center
For many years, Addison-Penzak JCC families have craved a place to connect, rest, socialize, learn, and engage. The merger with the Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley – completed in Spring 2021 – granted us the perfect opportunity to re-calibrate the building usage and free up the former Membership Suite next to the Welcome Desk. We re-imagined this space as a warm and welcoming hub, which we are now calling the JSV Family Center, for families and children in our community.
The Family Center is home to PJ Library of Silicon Valley and its programs, such as J-Fam Baby Play Group, Moms’ Circle, Special Needs Parenting Support Group, pre-Shabbat activities, and more. Around programming, the space also offers families drop-in hours to take advantage of its 2 adult areas and 2 children’s areas for the variety of purposes a family might need. Families are also welcome to browse the PJ Library book-borrowing library, where age-friendly Jewish books can be borrowed for up to a week. To see the books we offer, click here.
Monday-Friday mornings: 8:30am-11:45am
Thursday afternoons: 3:45-5:45pm
- J-Fam Baby Playgroup – Monday mornings
- Moms’ Circle – Tuesday and Wednesday mornings
- Special Needs Parenting Support Group (currently on Zoom)
- Story & Play with Katie – Thursdays
- Hello Shabbat – Friday afternoons monthly
- Sing Shalom – Music Together with a Jewish Twist (dates TBD)
- Support groups facilitated by Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley (JFS)
- Card-sharing Program: decorate a birthday card for a fellow PJ Library participant
- “Grandpals” Intergenerational activities
- New classes always in the works
Please visit our Community Calendar for a full listing of activities that all members of your family will enjoy!
To get involved or ask questions, contact Rabbi Laurie Matzkin, JSV Family Educator & PJ Library Manager at email@example.com.
About PJ Library
PJ Library is an international philanthropic program that sends Jewish children a free monthly gift of high-quality Jewish children’s literature, growing with the child from ages 0-12. (PJ Our Way is the branch for older kids, ages 9-12, which includes a choice of 4 chapter books each month.) PJ Library has also become a premier family engagement program, where program professionals partner with local synagogues, Jewish schools, and parent leaders to offer family programs that foster joy, connection and learning for families on their Jewish journeys. Click here to learn more.