The Jewish Silicon Valley scholarship program provides assistance to families whose circumstances require it. Our scholarship procedure helps ensure fairness and confidentiality for all applicants.
A scholarship is dollars given on your behalf towards program fees. This gift is not expected to be repaid.
For all scholarship applications, please remit current tax returns and W-2s to [email protected].
APJCC Camp Shalom Scholarships
Camp Shalom scholarships are available on an as-needed basis. To apply, a paper camp application (attached below) must be completed and emailed to [email protected]. We will respond to your email with a link to the online campership application.
Applications are due by April 1 and decisions will be emailed by to May 20.
- Printable application for Preschool Camp (PDF format)
- Printable application for Grades 1-10 (PDF format)
Jewish Overnight Camp Scholarships
- Families with children between the ages of 6 and 18 (by June 1, 2023) are eligible for scholarships to attend an accredited Jewish overnight camp in the U.S., Canada or Israel.
- Families may apply for overnight camp scholarships for one or more children.
- Families must be within JSV’s service area: Campbell, Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Mountain View, San Jose, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Saratoga, Sunnyvale.
- Children must be Jewish (as identified by their families).
- Families must contribute a minimum percentage of total tuition according to their ability to pay.
- Scholarships must be “last resort” funds, supplementing financial assistance provided by the camp, family, and all other possible sources.
- Scholarship funds are to be used strictly for camp tuition and camp-provided bus transportation to and from camp.
All application data is kept strictly confidential and will be reviewed without identifying information by the board of JSV. Families will be informed of their scholarships no later than April 29, 2023. Award checks will be sent directly to the overnight camp.
Teen Leadership Grants
Adult advisors and/or Rabbis can nominate up to two teen leaders each year!
Nominees should be:
- Identified emerging leaders (8th-10th grade)
- Current leader stepping into an executive leadership role (11th-12th grade)
- Affiliated with an organized local teen programs (NFTY, USY, BBYO, etc.)
Nominated teens will be asked to submit a written (300-400 words) or video (2-3 minutes) essay answering one of these prompts:
- Where do they think the Jewish world is heading?
- What is the biggest challenge for the Jewish community?
- Whose Jewish leadership style do they admire most and why?
Awards range from $300- $600 to attend a regional or national convention of their affiliated program. Answers will be judged on cohesiveness of their idea and not necessarily on the content of their presentation.
To submit a nomination, please email us at [email protected] or call 408.357.7490 with any questions.
Teen Israel Trips
Apply for a Teen Israel Trip Scholarship. Applications are accepted year-round.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please do not hesitate to contact Jewish Silicon Valley at 408.357.7490 or [email protected].