Leadership & Community:
Jewish Community Relations Council, Silicon Valley
We are proud to serve as advocates for the Jewish community, promoting civil dialogue and embracing diversity.
Our JCRC SV program serves as educators, fighters of injustice and dedicated to building strong bonds of communication and understanding across multicultural, faith and institutional relationships.
We are committed to achieving the following outcomes:
- Integrated support through the work of JCRC as a priority initiative to build allies in fighting antisemitism and as the Jewish community’s representative to local schools, interfaith initiatives and governing bodies.
- A more efficient and integrated Jewish agency ecosystem designed to optimize resources to meet the immediate and long term needs of the South Bay Jewish community.
- A shared, coherent and inspiring commitment to the Jewish purpose that ties together the work of all regional leaders.
- A better understanding of who the newcomers to our Jewish community are and more inclusive and impactful community outreach efforts.
- Excellent, synergistic programmatic efforts that maximize our impact in facilitating experiences, conversations and actions that improve lives, improve relationships and improve communities.
- Connections between the many disparate Jews in our community, and between Jews and their neighbors, inviting them into a vibrant community which feels united in its diversity.
Kehillah (gathering together), Tzedek Tirdof (pursuing justice), Re’ut (mutual respect)
JCRC seeks to teach and apply Jewish values to work toward a more just society and a strong, vibrant Jewish community.
What We Do
- Build consensus within the organized Jewish community to articulate a shared vision or agreed upon action.
- Collaborate with government, ethnic, faith and community entities on our focus areas and consensus issues.
Rabbi Faith Joy Dantowitz
National JCPA Board Representative:
State JPAC Board Representatives:
Synagogue and Agency Representatives:
Julia Cinnamon, Congregation Beth David
Rabbi Faith Joy Dantowitz, Cantors & Rabbis Association of Greater San Jose
Marcia Gerston, Temple Emanu-El
Nancy Gerston, Temple Emanu-El
Peter Hoffman, Jewish High Tech Community
Jane Jacobson, Sharone Hadassah
Jerry Marks, Congregation Shir Hadash
Arlene Noodleman, Congregation Emeth
Eric Rosenblum, Congregation Sinai
Heather Rothenberg, Congregation Sinai
Members at Large:
Dayenu Circle of Jewish Silicon Valley
Dayenu Circle of Jewish Silicon Valley (DCJSV) is a local group affiliated with Dayenu: A Jewish Call to Climate Action. Like other Dayenu Circles nationwide, we are taking climate action rooted in Jewish values. We collaborate with Dayenu on national climate action and plan our own state and local actions in the Bay Area.
Israel in this Moment: A Crisis of Policy and PoliticsVirtual
How are the latest political developments shaping Israel's future and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? What is threatening Israel's well-being as a secure, Jewish, and democratic state? Join Israel Policy Forum Chief …
Israel in this Moment: A Crisis of Policy and Politics Read More »