& Connecting Communities
We are committed to achieving the following outcomes:
- Integrated support through the work of JCRC as a priority initiative to build allies in fighting antisemitism and as the Jewish community’s representative to local schools, interfaith initiatives and governing bodies.
- A more efficient and integrated Jewish agency ecosystem designed to optimize resources to meet the immediate and long term needs of the South Bay Jewish community.
- A shared, coherent and inspiring commitment to the Jewish purpose that ties together the work of all regional leaders.
- A better understanding of who the newcomers to our Jewish community are and more inclusive and impactful community outreach efforts.
- Excellent, synergistic programmatic efforts that maximize our impact in facilitating experiences, conversations and actions that improve lives, improve relationships and improve communities.
- Connections between the many disparate Jews in our community, and between Jews and their neighbors, inviting them into a vibrant community which feels united in its diversity.
Kehillah (gathering together), Tzedek Tirdof (pursuing justice), Re’ut (mutual respect)
JCRC seeks to teach and apply Jewish values to work toward a more just society and a strong, vibrant Jewish community.
What We Do
- Build consensus within the organized Jewish community to articulate a shared vision or agreed upon action.
- Collaborate with government, ethnic, faith and community entities on our focus areas and consensus issues.
Rabbi Faith Joy Dantowitz
National JCPA Board Representative:
State JPAC Board Representatives:
Synagogue and Agency Representatives:
Julia Cinnamon, Congregation Beth David
Rabbi Faith Joy Dantowitz, Cantors & Rabbis Association of Greater San Jose
Marcia Gerston, Temple Emanu-El
Nancy Gerston, Temple Emanu-El
Peter Hoffman, Jewish High Tech Community
Jane Jacobson, Sharone Hadassah
Jerry Marks, Congregation Shir Hadash
Arlene Noodleman, Congregation Emeth
Eric Rosenblum, Congregation Sinai
Heather Rothenberg, Congregation Sinai
Members at Large: