Donate stocks and mutual funds
Reasons to consider donating appreciated stocks
Gifting stock is a simple and powerful way to support Jewish Silicon Valley. It also offers you a number of financial benefits.
- You can easily donate appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible
- There is no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the application
Note: Individual situations vary so donors should consult their advisors.
If you have any questions about the two step process for stock donations below, please contact Daniel Klein, Chief Philanthropy Officer at [email protected] or call 408.3577401
Contact the institution where your stocks are held and let them know you’d like to transfer the shares to the Jewish Silicon Valley account at Wells Fargo.
You may need the following codes:
- Acct #7723-0951
- DTC# 0141
Should you require it, Jewish Silicon Valley’s Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 94-2222989.
Interested in making a gift of stocks, mutual funds, or bonds in the form of a physical certificate? These types of donations may be handled a little differently. Contact Daniel Klein at 408.357.7401 or email [email protected] and he can quickly guide you through the process.
If you or your broker have any technical questions regarding the transfer, contact our account manager at Wells Fargo, Brian Carey, at 800-828-9277.
Stock donations transferred to our account aren’t accompanied by donor information. We want to be sure we can acknowledge your charitable donation of stock and send you a tax receipt, so please be in touch. There are three easy options to report your stock gift details. You can:
- Notify Catey Cramer, Philanthropy Manager, at [email protected]
- Download our Stock Gifts Notification Form and mail the completed form to: Jewish Silicon Valley, Attn: Catey Cramer, 14855 Oka Rd; Room 201, Los Gatos, CA 95032
As soon as your stock donation gift is identified, we’ll send you an acknowledgment letter in the mail.