Welcome to the APJCC Preschool!
Enrollment for 2023-24 School Year is Open Now!
To learn more, contact us at 408.357.7417 or [email protected].
APJCC Preschool Mission
The APJCC Preschool provides a developmentally appropriate program that is inspired by Jewish values, traditions, and celebrations, while welcoming families and staff of all ethnic, cultural, and religious backgrounds. Together we create a safe and healthy school environment that encourages children to wonder, explore, inquire, discover, and collaborate in their own learning. We build a community that is caring, nurturing, and supportive for all families.
We recommend scheduling a visit where you’ll have the opportunity to meet with one of our directors, learn about our programs, and see the classrooms in action! Currently, we are offering both in-person and virtual tours for your convenience. Schedule your appointment here.
We accept children ages 18 months through 5 years old. To learn more about our class programs by age, visit our Preschool Programs page.
The school year runs from September to early June, with an optional day camp program during the summer. Morning, full-day, and extended day programs are available, five days a week.
- For our Toddler, Two’s, and Three’s groups, morning program hours are 8:30am-12:00pm.
- For our Four’s group, we offer partial days from 8:30am-1:30pm.
- Full days (8:30am-4:00pm) and extended days (8:30am-5:30pm) are available for all age groups.
- Early Drop-off is available beginning at 7:30am for a limited number of children.
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2023-24 school year. Interested families should contact the preschool office at [email protected] or 408.357.7417.
The safety of our children and staff is the most important thing to us. We have many procedures in place to protect the health of the individuals in our preschool community. They include the following:
- All our staff are fully vaccinated.
- We provide optional but highly encouraged free weekly COVID-19 testing for children and families.
- We have increased the airflow in our HVAC system to allow for more rapid air exchange.
- We have installed high-end HVAC filtration and use portable air purifiers in every classroom.
- High touch surfaces are cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- Children’s toilets and faucet handles are cleaned between usages.
- Preschool staff are tested for COVID-19 once a week.
- All classrooms are deep cleaned and spray sanitized every night.
- Children and teachers are handwashing properly many times a day.
- Families are reminded about their role in helping to keep the preschool community safe and healthy.
To apply to register a child for preschool, please contact the preschool office at [email protected] or 408.357.7417.
The APJCC Preschool provides a limited number of partial scholarships to help make preschool tuition more affordable for families in need of financial assistance. Please email [email protected].
The APJCC Preschool is a Developmental Program with a play-based curriculum. We believe that play is the work of children. Through play, children explore the world and form connections and relationships between people and objects in their environment. These connections and relationships are the basis of more formal education and learning in the future.
We are dedicated to providing an engaging and stimulating hands-on experience for the children of the APJCC Preschool. In all activities, we emphasize the process of discovery.
Developmental Philosophy involves a three-way partnership between staff, parents and children. It is based on the following assumptions:
- is knowledgeable about child development and child learning
- gets to know each individual child, understand his/her needs, strengths and interests and is skilled in incorporating that knowledge into the classroom program
- understands and is sensitive to the cultural and social contexts of the children in the class
- maintains an emotionally and physically safe environment
- works as a team with colleagues, parents and administrators as well as consultants that may be called for specific situations
- plans and maintains an enriching, stimulating curriculum and environment
- understands the value of childhood as an important stage in life unto itself and not just as preparation for the next stage
- are welcome to visit the classroom–as well as grandparents, siblings and other visiting relatives
- are encouraged to share skills and interests with the children
- are encouraged to share family traditions with the teacher and the class
- work as a team with teachers and administrators by sharing information and concerns about their child(ren)
- are treated with respect and dignity at all times by staff and administration
- are nurtured in warm, caring relationships with staff
- are provided with a maximum of free choice experience in the classroom and outdoors
- are appreciated as individuals
Special Needs Inclusion
At JSV, supporting a diverse and equitable community is key to our vision of ensuring a vibrant Jewish community in Silicon Valley and promoting the well-being of all people. We recently achieved a major milestone towards this vision through hiring our new Inclusion Specialist: an experienced professional who will support families and children on the special needs journey in and outside of the classroom. Learn More
License #430709398. Founded in 1993.